What is the Justice40 Accelerator?
The Justice40 Accelerator was launched in 2021 by Elevate, Groundswell, Hummingbird Firm, Partnership for Southern Equity, and The Solutions Project and is implemented in partnership with Climate Innovation. These organizations are all working together to serve frontline community-based organizations in building the necessary tools, capacity, and access to resources in order to be prepared to apply for government funding.
Through a 12-month cohort experience, the Justice40 Accelerator supports climate and environmental justice organizations in building their capacity, partnerships, and readiness to access government funding to implement community-designed solutions. Participants in the Justice40 Accelerator have access to a suite of offerings and opportunities for active, voluntary participation to support the process of learning about and preparing to apply for government funding:
- $25,000 unrestricted philanthropically-funded grant to support participation and project development
- One-on-one technical assistance and Justice40 Accelerator program Navigator support
- Government grant preparation workshops
- Peer-to-peer learning sessions
- Informational sessions with government agency officials
- Curated notices of funding opportunities
The Justice40 Accelerator is a community of peer organizations from across the U.S. that are driving community-led solutions to benefit those who are at the frontlines of climate, environmental, and social injustices. Once the 12-month active programming concludes, organizations are encouraged to stay engaged in our relational network to support, mentor, partner, and advocate for each other.