Pre-Application Workshops with Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council
Live Informal Workshops
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certification with the GMSDC is an essential first step in cultivating relationships with corporate supply chains and positioning your company to compete for contract awards. Corporations and governments all across the state look to the GMSDC for qualified and capable minority business partners. Are you certified?
About the Workshop
You're invited you to attend the Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council’s Pre-Application Informational Session. The Pre-Application Informational Session is an informal workshop to help you learn how to complete the online minority-owned business certification application and the required documentation. This webinar call is held monthly.
Hosted by Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council.
- Thursday, June 07, 2022, 3:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 3:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, August 2, 3:00 PM ET
- To become a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) with the Georgia Minority Supplier Development Council, your business must meet the following requirements:
- Majority ownership (51%) by one or more qualifying ethnic minorities
- Day-to-day operations and control of the business by ethnic minority owners
- Owners must be US citizens
- Ethnic minority owner holds the highest executive position in the company (CEO, President, Chairman, Principal, etc.)
- Headquartered in Georgia.
- The company is a for-profit business. Non-profit organizations are not eligible for certification.
Ethnic Minorities are Defined As:
- Asian Pacific – Origin in Japan, China, the Philippines, Vietnam, Korea, Samoa, Guam, the US Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, the Northern Marinas Islands, Laos, Kampuchea (Cambodia), Taiwan, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Federated States of Micronesia.
- African American
- Hispanic – Citizens with origin in Spain or Portugal are NOT eligible
- Native American – American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts and Native Hawaiians
- Asian Indian – Origins in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh
More information and registration for upcoming workshops can be found by clicking here.